Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Neverending Wait

I think I have officially entered the part of my plan to move that I dislike the most....the neverending wait.

At this point, I'm waiting for my university admissions to be finalized so that I can apply for my student visa.  In the meantime I am still searching for apartments and a job in Paris so that I can get the secure feeling I need.

My plan is still to make the move at the end of December/beginning of January and hopefully all will go well. The apartment hunt is going okay, I am sticking to my budget and that has created limitations; however, I will not be put in the position of committing to an apartment that I cannot afford and end up homeless in Paris or worse...living off Ramen noodles.

Changes occurring at work makes me determined to find a job in Paris before I go. I'm hoping I can get hired by a company (CDD) and be sponsored!

The worse part of this waiting part is that some days I question the rationale of my decision and debate if this is still something I want to do. Then something will happen (ex. a death) and my resolve will be renewed as I contemplate if not now, when will I really live my dream.

In reality the worse I expect to happen is that there will be a delay and I will not be able to leave when I planned, but I will move to Paris within the next year.

On a positive note, I have been invited to appear on House Hunters International to show my journey in my apartment hunt.

I'm currently hoping that some agent or agency who is interested in being on the show will contact me to help me with my search.

I'm waiting...as usual.

Muah 




No comments:

Post a Comment