Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best Flight.....EVER!!!!

The kids and I are seated in 1st class on our way to Paris. As the other passengers are getting boarded the flight attendant comes by...

FA: Would you like something to drink? Wine? Champagne?
ME: Does it cost extra?
FA: Not up here
ME: ****** cheesing *****
ME: Why yes, I would like a glass of champagne.

This flight is starting off great.

I've flown 1st class before, but never like this. The seats are REALLY reclinable, I mean you can actually lay all the way down. There is a TV to each individual with a set of Bose headsets and a real blanket....not the kind we get in coach. We were each given a travel pack that included earplugs, a toothbrush, toothpaste, sleep mask, socks to sleep in, chap stick and other items.

Guess what.....I'm a princess!!!!
 

I would have to start a whole other blog just about international 1st class. I'll touch on it a little but let's just say it was AWESOME! The kids are impressed too. We were fed all types of French cuisine. When we got ready to sleep, the FA asked if we would like a wake up 'call'. We laid down (uh huh, laid) and slept. In the morning the FA came by and tenderly woke us, then provided us with a hot towel before serving us breakfast. I had an assortment of French cheeses and fruit. Ooh la la.

This trip I get a window, so I can see Paris on approach. My daughter (age 21) has been a little blasé about the whole Paris trip up to this point, looks out the window and says, "is that the friggin Eiffel Tower I'm looking at?", "I'm going to lick the Eiffel Tower!". That was odd, but ok, she's finally excited. My son (age 14) looks out the window, and is like "oh, can I go on the Eiffel Tower?". I tell him he can and he puts his headphones back on. My biggest concern in taking this trip is if he would be bored with the museums and such. So far, not good.

~~ The pilot has turned on the fastened seat belts sign, we are preparing for landing in 20 minutes ~~

Baby, I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment