Saturday, December 29, 2012

Champs Elysees

Day 6...The end is near.

This day we decide to walk Paris. We first go to the Left Bank. Because it is August and most Parisians are on vacation there were not a lot of artists there. We found some keepsakes and then walked toward the National Academy of Music. While there we see someone in a chicken suit, think it is funny and then I take pictures of the kids with the 'chicken'. The lady in the suit then asks for money. It was one of those gypsy ladies, or whatever they are. We give her a couple of Euros and then move on, stopping by a shoe store and my daughter and I each got a pair of shoes. I told the sales lady I wanted then in Negro, but my son corrected me and said, no it is Noir.
We go to the Galleries LaFayette. My daughter is a bit of a fashionista, so she is in heaven at that point. She buys some French parfume and then we walk around the mall. After a while, we need to use the bathroom....but can't find it. We search and search and search. Need to use the bathroom bad....we finally find it on the 5th or 6th floor, I forget. You would think a mall that size would have a bathroom on every floor....NO.

We leave there and go to the Champs Elysees. We go to the Louis Vuitton store...my daughter has been waiting for this. I don't really want to go in because I know how expensive it is and I'm still offended. We go in, my daughter is looking around, my son and I find a spot to sit...the employees tell us we cannot sit in there (but we're tired). We look around, my son sees a simple knit cap that is 300EU. He has figured out Euros by now and know that is ridiculous. He says, "I can knit you a cap for less". I agree. My daughter rounds the corner and you can see the disappointment on her face. She thinks the prices are ridiculous too. We can afford to buy something this trip, it's the principle. We get out of there. I then take the kids to the Arc de Triomphe. We don't get to go up....my son says next trip for sure.

We then walk down the Champs Elysees and stop at an outdoor restaurant. We get something to eat then catch the metro back to Les Halles. We try to walk around the mall but it is almost 10p the mall is about to close. We take the escalator out and walk past a park where people are still out playing ping pong...so cool.

We go back to the hotel and get everything packed up to leave the next day.

So sad.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, what a disappointment for your daughter. LV is everywhere, but it's still a luxury brand, and a lot of what you see around is fake. Personally, before I lived in Europe, whenever visiting Paris, instead of focusing on brands, I tried to find a stand-out piece that you wouldn't find people at home wearing; something unique but stylish. She could also try to get her Louis fix online during sale season.

    ReplyDelete