Saturday, December 29, 2012

La fin est ici (The end is here)

Day 7

My daughter offers to pay for a taxi from the hotel to CDG....sure, why not?

We notify the front desk and when we go to check out there is a taxi waiting for us.

It is early, my favorite time of day in Paris, and we ride through the city to the freeway, heading to the airport. The taxi drops us at our gate (about $50 for taxi to airport)...they take Visa.

We get security and get checked in....first 3 on the standby list again. Then we look around the airport and wait for our departure. I find the shop I went to the year before to see if I could find the frog bank that had been stolen from my bag the year before but could not find the bank.

Our flight boards, we're sad to leave Paris but happy in first class. I get my glass of champagne and when we have taken off, recline in my seat.

I spend the next 9 hours as a princess again, being pampered and spoiled...and annoyed by one a-hole male flight attendant. He was so bad that the female attendant kept apologizing for his behavior.

We get to DFW airport, catch our Parking Spot shuttle back to the parking lot and head home.

This trip was well worth it. My preparation made sure we were ready for any surprises we experienced and though our plans were thrown off and we didn't get to see everything we wanted to, we had a great time.

On the flight the kids kept talking about what we would do on our next trip and said they now understand why I love Paris so much.

So from then I set a new goal. I now want to move to Paris permanently and have begun my process by first trying to find a job as according to my research that is the most difficult part.

Stay tuned as I continue to keep you up on my mission of : Destination...Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment