Thursday, December 27, 2012

Museums

The next couple of days are pretty standard. We're running around Paris, my feet are hurting. We are pretty much walking 14 hours a day.


We start to hit the major museums. Again, wow.

The history, the culture, the architecture is all just the best thing I've ever experienced.


We've become quite comfortable with our surroundings. Have made friends at the market and the cafe. And I still just love that period of time between 7a-715a, before all the activity of the city gets started and all the loud tourists start venturing out.

That's right, I'm not a tourist anymore.

I sit in the courtyard and sketch and enjoy the coolness and peace of the morning.

In all of our walking for the past 7 days, we must have covered almost every arrondissement. I like the 1st and 4th (Marais) the most, they are quiet in the morning but come alive (in a good way) later. I found the 7th to be too bourgeois and frankly too boring. Non non non.

Then I get a message from my ex that I need to leave the next day because the flights on the day I'm supposed to leave are too booked and I would not likely make it home.....hmm, and the bad side is?

Right right, my kids, my mom. Ok, I have to go home the next morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment